- Does the phone system features fit my needs?
- Am I selecting the right provider?
- Do I have the right connection?
Utah Hosted VoIP PBX: Features
Although many features are the same for most hosted VoIP PBX you will want to consider some of the following before you make your choice.
- Simplified. An integrated infrastructure that allow you to use the same existing data cabling for you phone system. This reduces costs of additional cabling and operational costs.
- Flexible. VoIP PBX’s are primarily software based rather than hardware based. Does your provider allow you to make administrative changes to your system? Do you have the ability to manage calls from desktop based software? Do you need features like call recording, call logs, find me follow me, and conferencing?
- Scalable. Traditional telephone systems are difficult to expand or upgrade, it is easy to outgrow your current system and you may need to replace hardware or, even replace your entire system. IP Telephony systems however are easy to upgrade in line with your company as it grows, as your needs change your IP Telephony system can adapt easily to your changing telecommunications requirements. Learn about YipTel Hosted PBX
Utah Hosted VoIP PBX: Provider
Having a hosted VoIP PBX means your service provider carries your equipment and hosts several companies off of one phone system. With how important your communications are to your company it is essential that the provider has the same goals in mind.
You should ask several questions about the reliability and security of the system. Do they have redundancy on their hosted VoIP PBX? What is their emergency response time? How quick and what are my costs to get adds moves and changes? Do they back up their system and is it secured? Where is the hosted VoIP PBX located and what if power goes out?
Then you should ask several questions about the company. How long has your company been around? What is your experience with VoIP? How long has your technicians been working with VoIP? Learn about YipTel Hosted PBX
Utah Hosted VoIP PBX: Connection
Over the years there have been many misunderstandings about VoIP. Homes have been using VoIP phones for years now which have going over the general internet. For the most part, you get a clear and clean call and every once in a while you will find a choppy call or you may drop a few. As you put more and more simultaneous calls are put over that internet connection the problems multiply. We have found in order to provide VoIP calls to businesses a good sold data connection needs to be established.
In order to provide a good connection to supply VoIP to business or have a VoIP hosted PBX there needs to be a point to point connection between the VoIP provider or the location with the VoIP hosted PBX. Depending on the amount of simultaneous calls will determine the amount of bandwidth needed. For 6 calls companies like Veracity Communications, can provide a DSL connection. For 18 calls a T1 will be needed.